Orlando Weeks – ‘Safe in Sound’
On Wednesday, former ‘The Maccabees’ frontman, Orlando Weeks, released his latest solo track ‘Safe in Sound’. He has told various sources that the writing process began well back in early 2018, and is inspired by the birth of his son, and event that took place at that time. ‘Safe in Sound’ seems to portray the emotions that Weeks and his other half were experiencing at that rather alien time.
Inder Paul Sandhu – ‘Unstoppable’
New RnB artist Inder Paul Sandhu has a very bright future in music, especially if his latest EP is anything to go by. The track ‘Unstoppable’ turns things up a notch and gives this weeks Fave Five Fridays a bit of an energetic boost. If you like keeping your new music playlists completely fresh and up to date, this has to be on there. The London-based singer has a powerful voice, one that reminds me of Rag ‘n’ Bone man, and it sits perfectly on top of the distorted guitars creating the main melodic line.
Chloe Moriondo – ‘Ghost Adventure Spirit Orb’
Following her previous release ‘Kindergarten’, Chloe Moriondo is back with her latest single ‘Ghost Adventure Spirit Orb’. The singer-songwriter/YouTuber has stated that she took inspiration from personal experiences dealing with mental illness when writing this track. Moriondo is set to play at two UK festivals this summer, both Latitude festival on the 19th July, and Glasgow Green on the 12th of the same month.
The Fratellis – ‘Six Days in June’
The indie-rock giants have come a long way since the days of ‘Costello Music’, still one of my favourite albums to this day. Their latest single ‘Six Days in June’ came out exactly a week ago today and will be going around your heads for days. This is mainly due to the mirroring melody between the brass and the vocals, creating a very memorable tune. Off the back of early albums, such as the already mentioned ‘Costello Music’, the guys have a pretty loyal fan base who will be expecting big things.
Two Weeks in Nashville – ‘Take Control’
South London rockers ‘Two Weeks In Nashville’ have today released their new single ‘Take Control’, the first offering from their forthcoming debut EP. The guys are continuing their steady rise, which has seen them sell out Camden Assembly, and that was before even releasing their debut track ‘Don’t Give In’ in December.
More Fave Five Fridays
- Fave Five Friday #26Featuring – The Soundflowers // Willie J Healey // Tayo Sound // THUMPER // Nadine Shah
- Fave Five Friday #25Featuring – Creeper // Ben Kidson // BETSY // Dream Wife // Josie Man
- Fave Five Friday #24Featuring – EFÉ // Jords // Liz Lawrence // Dan D’Lion // Drug Store Romeos
- Fave Five Fridays #23Featuring – Jack T Tustin // Katy J Pearson // Matt Maltese // simmerdown // To Kill A King
- Fave Five Fridays #22Featuring – Faunn // Nuala // Out of the Swim // Roachford // The Good Manners
- Fave Five Fridays #21Featuring – Akin Soul // Desmerelda // IDLES // kamau kuru // Tom Rosenthal